Have something you've been meaning to say, but couldn't find the right time or place to say it?
On July 14, LINE Corporation is going public on the New York Stock Exchange.
To celebrate, LINE will be hosting a ceremony at Times Square, featuring appearances by Brown and Cony as well as plenty of LINE's iconic green to decorate the town.
As part of the celebration, we're offering a voice on Times Square's most iconic building to LINE users everywhere!
The messages of approximately 20 users will be chosen from a pool of submissions and broadcast on the world's most famous billboards.
Messages will be broadcast on the highest screen of the building visible in the center as well as on the surrounding screens.
Let that special someone know how much you care about them by sending them an unforgettable message from the most famous screens in the world!
Your intended recipient won't have to go all the way to New York to see your message, as images of your billboard will reach them in the following days.
Brown will take it upon himself to carry your messages safely to Times Square, so be sure to participate if you're a Brown fan!
July 5 to 6 pm on July 6 (GMT+9)
You will be contacted individually by July 7 if your message is selected.
Post-event blog entries
Blog entries detailing winning messages, complete with images of messages as they appeared in Times Square, will be released on July 15 (GMT+9).
Submit your messages either through LINE or Twitter.
A. Submitting through LINE
1. Friend the LINE Team official account.
2. Open the submission form from the official account's Timeline and fill in the required fields.
B. Submitting through Twitter
1. Follow @line_global
2. Together with the #LINEgoesNY hashtag, enter a message within 40 characters.Tweet #LINEgoesLINE
Ex: Marry me, Miki!
Ex: Dear Dad, Thanks for being the best dad ever. From Yuko
- Character limits may vary based on the size of the billboard. We may ask you to edit your message down for size.
- Your message can be in any language.
- Any attached images or videos will not be shown on the billboard.
- Messages that are offensive or reveal personal information will not be accepted.
LINE supports your efforts to getting your message across to the people who matter most, across space and time.
– CLOSING THE DISTANCE –